– CEO, Managing Director, C-Level Executive
Strategic Business Planning/ P&L Management/ Team Building & Leadership/ Relationship Management/ Financial & Contract Negotiation / Budgeting & Cash Flow Management/ Communications Skills/ Revenue Growth/ Supply Chain Management/ sales & Distribution/ Crisis Management
. Leading various aspects of Planning, Marketing, Operations, Human Resources and Legal requirements of increasing Snapp’s rides from 500,000 to 2,000,000 rides per day.
• Effectively negotiated the regulatory aspects of ride hailing companies with authorities in various Ministries and the Municipalities of Tehran and major cities like Isfahan, Mashhad, Shiraz and Tabriz. Resulted in one of the best regulatory frameworks that has been signed between ride hailing companies and authorities
anywhere in the world.
• Successfully Launched Digital Printing and effectively created this industry for the first time in the country.
In 3 years Xerox Iran achieved over 90% share of this industry in the country.
• Set up a Paper Converting Factory in Iran and its sales and distribution network. We imported Jumbo Reels
from all over the world, including Brazil, Portugal, Indonesia and packed licensed Xerox branded Copy Paper.
In four years the Premium Xerox brand sold over 6,000 tons annually – 15% of the total market.
Chairman of the Board, Snapp Box Feb 2019 – Present
Managing Director, Snapp Group Nov 2018 – Present
Chief Strategy Officer, Snapp Group Oct 2017 – Nov 2018
Snapp is the largest internet company in the Middle East and 5th largest ride hailing application in the world. As the Managing Director of the company, together with the founders and line managers we grew the business to an outstanding 2 million rides per day across the country; with the capital city becoming bigger than any Uber city globally in terms of number of rides.
• As part of the team that included the founders and line managers, our effective operational measures helped recruit up to 3,500 drivers per day.
• Led the team in navigating the complicated legal structure of the country with regards to the ride-hailing business. Negotiated the regulatory framework of ride hailing apps that resulted in the best agreement reached with authorities that surpassed any other globally.
• Effectively negotiated the allocation of Petrol Subsidies to over 1 million drivers of ride hailing companies.
• Worked with the Oil Ministry and the Ministry of Interior to establish and implement a modern IT method of calculating the monthly distance travelled by each driver to be allocated a petrol subsidy.
• Managed various crises that hit the business on multiple occasions on multiple fronts.
Managing Director – IDIC Investment Co. Nov 2015 – Oct 2017
Head of Private Equity – Turquoise Partners Sep 2015 – Oct 2017
Turquoise Partners is a Financial Services Company and one of the leading financial institutions in the country including IDIC, a subsidiary and local investment company with over $300 million Asset Under Management.
• Analyzed and negotiated with FMCG companies in the country to prepare them for takeovers by potential interested international parties.
• Negotiated the sale of portfolio companies that were not in the core of the company’s strategy and designed strategies for adding other investment companies to the group.
• Managed partnership with Unlu, the Turkish Investment Bank to prepare purchase of selected Iranian companies by Turkish corporations.
Managing Director Jan 2000 – Nov 2015
Xerox, The Document Management Company entered Iran in 1971 and was nationalized during the 1979 revolution
and its ownership transferred to Bonyad, a government company. The company was privatized again in 1993 and
started a turnaround project. Having joined the company at this time from university, I became its Managing Director 7
years later after finishing a rotation program in Xerox UK and completing my MBA at INSEAD.
• Created various sales channels including Direct B2B Sales, Retail B2C and developed a network of
distributors and dealers for company products such as Office Equipment, Printers, and Paper.
• First company to bring Digital Printing Equipment into Iran and gaining over 90% market share over 3 years –
in essence we created and developed this industry sector in the country.
• Xerox Iran was the only company to offer Facilities Management Services on Office Equipment; providing
equipment, spare parts, consumables, paper and the man power required to operate all document
management requirements of large corporations such as IranAir, Mobarakeh Steel Company and 15 other
• Created the largest in-house Digital Print Factory, capable of printing 1 million impressions per day with fully
automated enveloping solutions for applications such as bills and marketing material. We printed, enveloped
and distributed tens of millions of documents per month.
Management Trainee Oct 1996 – Dec 1998
As a management trainee, I rotated in various sales, marketing, customer satisfaction, and supply chain functions
over a 2 year program designed to prepare me for managing Xerox Iran Operations while achieving specific tasks
essential to Xerox UK.
MBA, INSEAD Business School (1999)
B.Sc. Civil Engineering, KNT University (1993)